Yes folks, BBC Radio 1 is now officially 40 years old. Wow, that's pretty old, isn't it? So here's a quick lowdown on the whys, whens, wheres, whos and whatevers, cunningly purloined from Wikipedia and the BBC archives.
Ah, the years 1997 to 2004. These were the twilight years of the metal community, when every kid would wear low slung three-quarter length jeans, knee high socks and a red baseball cap... obviously on backwards.
This first feature concerns a principle that has been with music for centuries, the art of storytelling.
Patrick Wolf is this country's finest 21st century minstrel.
We talk to Inme's Joe Morgan about touring, the scene and the fabled mp3.
Three members of the RawkStar team pick their all time favourite Britpop tracks. Who's going to win the Britpop battle this time? Will Oasis beat Blur or will some random 1-hit-wonder be top?
- James on Got the life? Ten reasons why the Nu-Metal years weren't so bad. 15th July 2010 at 20:03:12 GMT
- Iain on [interview] InMe 6th May 2010 at 18:21:15 GMT
- Joe on Best of Britpop 27th February 2010 at 13:39:43 GMT
- Emily on Got the life? Ten reasons why the Nu-Metal years weren't so bad. 2nd February 2010 at 17:51:44 GMT
- Bob on Best of Britpop 6th August 2009 at 17:57:04 GMT
- jordan on Best of Britpop 3rd August 2009 at 00:35:33 GMT
- Gundeflan on Rawkstar.net does various top ten lists: Storytellers 10th June 2009 at 21:19:37 GMT
- The Subways on [Interview] The Subways 6th February 2009 at 01:29:55 GMT